Recent Biohazard Posts
24/7 CRIME SCENE CLEANUP
24/7 CRIME SCENE & TRAUMA CLEANUP
Auburn and Webster
Cleanup of bio scene cleanup services for commercial or residential disasters have to be completed the correct way.
Situations such as crime scene, homicide, suicides, death scene, take training and right equipment and cleaning products.
Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences. A failure to properly remove such substances can contribute to unhealthy and dangerous environments. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are trained to safely clean and remove biohazardous substances and dispose of them properly in accordance with OSHA and health regulations.
Equipped with the necessary safety apparatus and cleaning products, SERVPRO Professionals are here to help transform any unsafe environments back into clean, safe homes and offices.
We are here to help 24/7
SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County
We direct bill your insurance company such as:
- Preferred Mutual
- Catholic Mutual
- Safety Insurance
- Arabella Insurance
- Bunker Hill Insurance Company
- Peerless Insurance Company
- Foremost Insurance Company
- New London Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Philadelphia Insurance
- Modern Home
- EMC Insurance Companies
- Narragansett Bay Insurance Company
- The Hartford
- Pawtucket Mutual
Crime Scene Cleanup | Brimfield, MA
After a crime scene has been evaluated and evacuated, it can then begin to be cleaned up and return the home or business back to normal. When a crime happens you will want professionals to handle the cleanup and restoration of the scene. There can be toxic chemicals, bodily fluids, and other harmful substances on scene that you should not touch or handle yourself.
After the authorities leave the scene
After the authorities leave the scene, cleanup and restoration can begin. There may be bodily fluids and other biohazardous materials on scene. At SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County, we're highly trained in handling biohazard materials in a way that is safe for everyone. We follow all state and federal guidelines to keep everyone safe. The procedures used and products used are all in accordance with the Environmental Protection Agency, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
When you experience something such as a crime in your own home or business, we understand how emotional the process may be. At SERVPRO, we ensure that everyone involved and on site will be treated with the utmost respect and empathy. It's our job to provide you with the best cleaning, cleanup, and restoration, but to also be the best humans we can be, too!
Our cleanup services include
- Biohazardous waste
- Tear gas and pepper spray residues
- Fire extinguisher residues
- Bodily fluids
- Bloodborne pathogens
- Illegal substances removal
- Odor removal
- and more
If you need any crime scene cleanup and or restoration, give us a call at 508-234-3399, any day and any time. We're here to help you and want to be your master of service!
Who cleans up after the police leave the scene in Southbridge??
You probably know we handle water and fire damage cleanup, but did you know that we can cleanup after a crime scene too?
After the police have left a scene, we can come and begin the cleaning process.
A decent amount of crime scenes will have bio hazardous materials and chemicals left behind that shouldn't be handled by someone untrained. It can be dangerous to your health and safety.
Our crews are trained to follow OSHA and EPA protocols to clean and get your property back to a safe, liveable and workable environment once again.
We understand some circumstances may be emotional and people may be going through a tough time. We treat everyone, no matter the situation with the greatest amount of empathy and respect. We are here to help clean and restore your property and keep you happy throughout the process!
We are capable of cleaning up fingerprint powder, pepper spray, other chemicals left behind.
We can properly remove bodily fluids, tissue, and other bodily substances that can be left behind at a crime scene.
Click here to learn more about our trauma and crime scene cleanup services.
While we hope you won't need these services, we are here to help with these situations. Give us a call at (508) 234-3399 for any trauma or crime scene clean up questions or services.
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for updates, fun quizzes, tip Tuesdays and more!
Boihazard clean up
Basement stairs after the carpet was removed by our team for a biohazard clean up.
At SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County, we provide boihazard clean up and restoration services. We want everyone in our community to be safe at all times. One thing that shouldn't be taken lightly is bio hazardous waste.
Although this type of waste can come in many different forms, it is important for you to be very careful and immediately look to contact us at SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County (508)234-3399. Bio hazardous waste should NEVER be handled by someone who is not properly trained. Our employees are trained to safely remove boihazards and properly dispose of them in accordance with OSHA and other health regulations.
Some types of hazardous waste or materials:
- Sewage backup
- Blood or other bodily fluids
- Animal waste
- Chemical spills
These are just a few types of services that we have dealt with in the past. See our website for other types of biohazard clean ups we can provide
What to do if you come across hazardous waste:
- Don't touch the waste
- coming in contact with biological and chemical contaminants can cause serious health concerns.
SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County understand just how serious these situations can be and we are trained to properly handle them. If your home or business requires any bio or chemical hazardous cleaning, please call us at (508) 234-3399 or visit our site for more information!
Biohazard - The Do's & Don'ts for Auburn & Webster
When a disaster is dealing with contaminants, it should be considered a top-priority emergency. Sewage backups and flood water are two of the most common biohazard scenarios that can affect homes and businesses. Due to the serious health risk synonymous with these types of situations, SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment needed in order to safely clean and restore any contamination.
Similar to fire and water damages, the first thing you should think about in your home or business, is whether or not it is safe to say inside. Staying inside and exposing yourself or your family to biohazardous waste can be a detriment to health and safety. When in doubt, leave your home and give SERVPRO a call IMMEDIATELY!
Before help arrives, here are some Do’s and Don’ts of Biohazard and Sewage removal:
- Stay out of the affected areas
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening
- Treat ALL bodily fluids as if they are contaminated
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang all furs and leather goods
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on carpets or floors that are wet
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water
- Don’t use any electric household appliances
- Don’t turn on any ceiling fixtures, if wet, and keep out of rooms where the ceiling is seen sagging
These types of emergencies should not be taken lightly and they most definitely require quick and efficient attention. SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County know just how serious these issues are and are trained to handle them with the utmost care and concern. If your home or place of business requires any bio-hazardous cleaning, please give us a call at (508)-234-3399 or visit our website.
Facts About Lead
Did you know?
- Lead-based paint was used in more than 38 million homes until it was banned for residential use in 1978.
- Lead can affect children's brains and developing nervous systems, causing reduced IQ, learning disabilities and behavioral problems.
- Even children who seem healthy can have high levels of lead in their bodies.
- Lead is also harmful to adults and the elderly.
- Lead in dust is the most common way people are exposed to lead. People can also get lead in their bodies from lead in soil or paint chips. Lead dust is often invisible.
- Projects that disturb lead-based paint can create dust and endanger you and your family.
- In most cases, lead-based paint that is in good condition is not a hazard.
For more information, please don't hesitate to give us a call at (508) 234-3399!
Biohazard Cleanup and Restoration
Biological contaminants can pose health consequences. If they are not properly removed it can contribute to unhealthy environments. Let SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County help cleanup any disaster.
SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County is equipped with the various safety apparatus and cleaning products for disaster clean up & restoration for commercial business or homes.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
Water or flooding from outside storms can cause damage to the insdie of buildings & homes. This includs flood water, roof leaks and ice dams.
If you are need of water repair in Massachusetts, call SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County @ 508-234-3399
Crime Scene Clean Up
After the police units have finished processing a crime or accident scene, it is time for the cleaning and restoration process to begin. Crime and accident scenes might contain blood and other contaminants that can pose a health risk to all of those that come in contact with the area. Here at SERVPRO of the Southern Worcester County, we have the proper response time, equipment, and experience to safely clean any crime scene. Our technicians are trained to follow OSHA and EPA standards to make any unsafe environment into a clean one.
Some of our crime scene and trauma cleaning services include, but are not limited to:
- Fingerprint powder and evidence-gathering chemicals
- Tear gas and pepper spray residues
- Fire extinguisher residue
- Blood, bodily fluids, and tissue remnants
Crime Scene Residues
We can and will clean areas that have been dusted with fingerprint powder and chemicals, to tear gas and pepper spray residues.
Our experts are trained to remove and dispose of bodily fluids, tissue and other potentially pathogenic substances that result for accidents, trauma, crime or death.
Many of the chemicals used in the production of any type(s) of illegal drugs can be volatile and can leave harmful residues throughout a structure. Our technicians are trained and know the proper state guidelines to properly clean all surfaces.
Here at SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County, we understand just how dangerous many crime scenes can be.
visit website @ http://www.SERVPROsouthernworcestercounty.com/ or call @ 508-234-3399.