Thunder storms in Worcester, MA
With springtime finally among us, so are the rain and thunderstorms that come with it! Although thunderstorms are kind of rare in New England, they do still happen! Springtime temps as we know can range to very chilly one moment and the next it could be 60°!
- Unstable air
- And lift
Moisture is needed to form clouds and the rain, unstable air is needed to be warm-ish and rapidly rising. And “lift” can form from sea breezes or mountains!
Since spring weather is so unpredictable, it’s important for you to have some type of kit prepared in advance. Planning ahead makes it easier for you and your family in case of an emergency.
Your storm preparedness kit should include:
- Battery operated flash light
- Battery operated radio
- Emergency evacuation plan
- Should include a map of your home, with exits and safety routes
- A list of
- Important contact numbers
- Insurance information
- Medical information
- First aid supplies including:
- Assorted adhesive bandages
- Antibiotic ointment
- Asprin or another type of pain management
- 3-5 day supply of bottled or jugs of water
- Canned goods
It is important for you and your family to be prepared for whatever could happen!
Should you need storm damage restoration, call SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County at (508) 234-3399, we're here to help!!