Cleaning your Dishwasher Auburn Massachusetts
Although your dishwasher washes your dishes, it isn’t meant to clean itself. If you want your dishwasher to last, you should clean it at least once a month. Usually they have their own self clean setting like your oven. You’ll just have to dig out the manual.
Grease, soap scum, and food debris will build up in your dishwasher over time. This can create a motherload of germs that you definitely don’t want!
To clean your dishwasher:
- Clear the drain
- Remove the bottom rack, clear any food or debris that are caught. This will improve the ability of drainage and increase the efficiency.
- Put vinegar in the dishwasher
- Make sure the dishwasher is empty, then put a cup of white vinegar in a (dishwasher safe) container or bowl on the top rack. Run it through a hot water cycle.
- Vinegar will wash away grease and debris and remove any odors.
- Rinse with baking soda
- Sprinkle one cup of baking soda on the bottom of the dishwasher. Run a short hot water cycle. This will leave it smelling fresh and looking good as new!
Last week's Tip of The Week