If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (508) 234-3399

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Safety tips for Webster to guide you through the winter

12/4/2019 (Permalink)

If you are using a space heater(s)

  • Only use heaters with an Underwriters Laboratory approval or another national testing lab.
  • Keep the heater at least 3 feet from anything that is flammable.
  • ALWAYS turn off space heaters when you leave the room, and before going to bed.
  • NEVER use your oven to heat your home!

Using a fireplace

  • Make sure your chimney has recently been inspected and cleaned by a professional before using it this season.
  • Be sure you are burning clean, dry wood.
  • Be sure there is a screen in front of the fireplace to prevent any sparks from flying into the room.
  • Do NOT use gasoline or lighter fluid to start a fire
  • Don’t use plastic or paper materials to remove ashes
    • Instead, use a metal covered container
  • Never vacuum hot embers.

General fire safety tips

  • Be sure everyone knows how to dial 9-1-1
  • Make sure the fire alarms are working by testing them, and be sure the batteries are fresh.
    • They should be tested monthly
    • Batteries should be replaced once a year or when the low battery alarm chirps.

*Information gathered from Smithfield Fire Department 

Call us at (508) 234-3399 if you need fire or smoke damage restoration. We're here to help 24/7. It'll be "Like it never even happened."

Other News

View Recent Posts