What to do After a Water Damage in Charlton, MA
After a storm or water damage situation has plagued your home, your first reaction may be to panic. Here at SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County, we understand how stressful these types of situations may be to your home as well as your family. Before help arrives, here are a few of the Do’s and Don’ts of water and flood cleaning:
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
We have the moisture detection and measurement equipment to detect, measure, and monitor a property’s moisture levels; the water extraction equipment to speed up the drying process by removing the bulk of water from your home or business; as well as the drying equipment to remove the remaining moisture from ceiling, walls, and floors of your home or business. If your home requires any of these services, be sure to contact SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County at (508) 234-3399.