Facts About Lead
Did you know?
- Lead-based paint was used in more than 38 million homes until it was banned for residential use in 1978.
- Lead can affect children's brains and developing nervous systems, causing reduced IQ, learning disabilities and behavioral problems.
- Even children who seem healthy can have high levels of lead in their bodies.
- Lead is also harmful to adults and the elderly.
- Lead in dust is the most common way people are exposed to lead. People can also get lead in their bodies from lead in soil or paint chips. Lead dust is often invisible.
- Projects that disturb lead-based paint can create dust and endanger you and your family.
- In most cases, lead-based paint that is in good condition is not a hazard.
For more information, please don't hesitate to give us a call at (508) 234-3399!