SERVPRO May Provide General Contracting Services
Sometimes a damage requires more than just cleaning soot or removing sewage. Some damages require replacement of drywall, paint, flooding or even electrical plumbing services. SERVPRO of Northern Rhode Island may provide general contractor services to help return your home or business to preloss condition. When it comes to helping you get your life back to normal, we will help make the damage "Like it never even happened."
Leave the Hassle of Board-Ups to the Professionals
Boarding up damaged property is a burden that no one should ever have to go through - especially if it is your property that has been damaged.
Boarding up damaged property incorrectly could cause secondary damages such as moisture or animal intrusion, making the situation even worse. Not to mention boarding up after a damage can be as dangerous as the damage itself.
We can board up the damaged property and mitigate and remediate the original damage, providing you with peace of mind!
Facts About Lead
Did you know?
- Lead-based paint was used in more than 38 million homes until it was banned for residential use in 1978.
- Lead can affect children's brains and developing nervous systems, causing reduced IQ, learning disabilities and behavioral problems.
- Even children who seem healthy can have high levels of lead in their bodies.
- Lead is also harmful to adults and the elderly.
- Lead in dust is the most common way people are exposed to lead. People can also get lead in their bodies from lead in soil or paint chips. Lead dust is often invisible.
- Projects that disturb lead-based paint can create dust and endanger you and your family.
- In most cases, lead-based paint that is in good condition is not a hazard.
For more information, please don't hesitate to give us a call at (508) 234-3399!
Principles of Cleaning
The procedures for cleaning smoke residues follow basic principles.
- Find residues.
- Identity the type of residues.
- Identity the type of surface the residue is on.
- Capture residues in dry particulate form or in solution.
- Remove the residues.
- Properly dispose of residues.
Finding and Identifying Residues
The estimator inspects and tests for smoke residues to evaluate the extent of damages and determine what cleaning services are needed for restoration. Besides the estimator's inspection, the restoration technician should pretest particular items to determine the best restoration procedure. By inspecting and pretesting, the estimator and technician locate residues, identify the type of residues, and determine the types of surfaces to be cleaned.
Capturing and Removing Residues
Residues must be captured before they can be removed. Restorers use air and fluids to release and carry soils away. Air and fluids carry suspended particles with the on contact. Vacuuming and dissolving are two ways to contact soils and carry them off to be disposed of.
Smoke residues contain solid particles consisting mostly of carbon. Dry particles that are attached loosely to surfaces may be removed by vacuuming. Moisture contacting the particles can cause them to be absorbed by the surface and be difficult to remove. Always try to vacuum dry smoke residues from a surface before applying wet cleaning products.
Residues and soils that are not loose particles must be dissolved before they can be removed. Dissolving the residues and loosening their bond with the surface allows them to be suspended in a cleaning product and flushed away as the cleaning product is rinsed or extracted from the surface.
The type of soil and the type of surface are town main factors in dissolving soils. Some soils are water-soluble while others are not and require use of a solvent-based cleaning product. The type of surface must be considered to preserve the material being cleaned. Some surfaces can be damaged by water, while others are damaged by solvents.
The three steps of dissolving are wash, rinse, and dry.
Wash - Apply a cleaning agent to the surface and agitate it to penetrate and loosen soils. Once the soils are dissolved and held in suspension by the cleaning agent, they can be removed.
Rinse - Remove soils with the cleaning solution. This step depends on pressure, absorption, agitation, airflow, or water lift to penetrate the material and extract the cleaning solution.
Dry - Remove the remaining water or moisture and leftover soils from the material. Air movement, heat, and low humidity will allow drying to occur quickly. Use air movers or natural air movement by opening doors and windows, using ceiling fans, or turning on the HVAC system (if free of smoke).
Before the Storm
Although a disaster can strike at any moment, that does not mean you and your family cannot be SERVPRO ready. Via our corporate headquarters, here are a few tips that you can do to minimize the potential for a loss.
- First, you should build an emergency supply kit and make a family communication plan.
- Next, remove dead or rotting trees and branches that could fall and cause injury or damage during a severe thunderstorm.
- Postpone outdoor activities.
- Remember the 30/30 Lightning Safety Rule: Go indoors if, after seeing lightning, you cannot count to 30 before hearing thunder. Stay indoors for 30 minutes after hearing the last clap of thunder.
- Secure outdoor objects that could blow away or cause damage.
- Get inside a home, building, or hard top automobile. Although you may be injured if lightning strikes your car, you are much safer inside a vehicle than outside.
- Remember, rubber-soled shoes and rubber tires provide NO protection from lightning. However, the steel frame of a hard-topped vehicle provides increased protection if you are not touching metal.
- Shutter windows and secure outside doors. If shutters are not available, close window blinds, shades or curtains.
- Finally, unplug any electronic equipment well before the storm arrives.
If you would like to learn more, please visit FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) at www.ready.gov
Tornadoes are arguably nature's most violent storms. Generated from powerful thunderstorms, tornadoes generally appear as rotating, funnel-shaped clouds extending from the closed base to the ground. With winds that can reach up to 300 miles per hour, tornadoes can cause massive destruction within seconds. Damage paths can be in excess of one mile wide and fifty miles long.
- The average tornado moves southwest to northeast, but tornadoes have been known to move in any direction.
- The average forward speed of a tornado is 30 miles per hour, but may vary from stationary to 70 miles per hour.
- Tornadoes can accompany tropical storms and hurricanes as they move onto land.
- Tornadoes are most frequently reported east of the Rocky Mountains during spring and summer months.
- Tornadoes are most likely to occur between 3 p.m. and 9 p.m.
If a storm does happen to occur, please don't hesitate to contact us at (508) 234-3399!
SERVPRO Commercial Water Damage Information
Commercial Water Restoration Presents Unique Challenges
We have the training, experience, and equipment to manage water and flooding damage. Whether you have a large water emergency or a small water damage, we will respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through to its completion.
What you can do until help arrives
- Safely shut off active water leak if possible.
- Think if it is safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
Water damage affects not only the structure of your house, but your belongings as well. SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County Professionals understand that your home is more than a structure; it lays host to your family’s furniture, clothing, keepsakes, and other belongings that help transform a house into a home.
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals specialize in restoring contents damaged by fire, water, or mold. Their expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality, can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that cannot be replaced. They pretest your contents to determine what items can be restored back to their condition before the water damage. SERVPRO Professionals utilize several methods of cleaning your contents, including:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to wet cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand wet cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if wet cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into
The last step is restoring your home or business back to its pre-water damage condition. The restoration step can be relatively minor, such as replacing a few drywall panels, or could include major reconstruction, such as rebuilding entire rooms of a home or business.
SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County (508) 234-3399
Fire Restoration Process
After the fire trucks leave the scene of a fire, your home is likely to suffer from extensive smoke or water damage. Here at SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County, we have a seven-step plan that will help get you and your family back on track to your everyday lives. We understand that every fire situation is not the same, but the premise behind our plan is the same.
1) Emergency Contact – The restoration process starts when you pick up the phone and contact SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County. Here, we will ask a series of basic questions pertaining to the damage to ensure that our staff is properly equipped upon arrival.
2) Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment – Here, our professionals will inspect your home, as well as assess the damage done. This step is crucial.
3) Immediate Board-Up & Roof-Tarp Services – When a fire compromises your windows and even roof-top, our professionals will take the necessary steps in ensuring no further damage by covering openings.
4) Water Removal & Drying – The water removal process beings immediately and after removal, dehumidifiers and air movers are placed strategically to ensure 100% dryness.
5) Removal of Smoke and Soot – Our professionals will use our specialized equipment and techniques to remove all soot and smoke remnants from all objects and surfaces.
6) Cleaning and Sanitizing – We clean, sanitize, and disinfect all of the restorable items and surfaces to get you and your belongings back to preloss condition.
7) Restoration – The final touches of repairs, painting, and installing of new carpets will be done to make the disaster, “Like it never even happened.”
Here at SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County, we understand just how devastating a home fire can be. Your safety is our number one concern and we will not stop working until we get the job done right!
If you have any questions, please call us @ (508) 234-3399 or visit our website @ http://www.SERVPROsouthernworcestercounty.com/!
Fire Damage Services
After the fire department has left your home, we are YOUR next step in cleaning your home and getting your life back on track. In addition to the fire, smoke, soot, and water damage, we offer a bevy of services that can quickly and effectively help restore your home to pre-fire condition.
These services include:
- Board-ups: In some situations, this may be necessary in securing openings to the structure. We use sturdy and durable materials designed to protect it from both weather intrusion and human/animal intrusion.
- Inventory Analysis: Using our Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS), we can take a comprehensive inventory of each room. During this type of analysis, we can determine which contents are salvageable and non-salvageable. This service can optimize both time and accuracy.
- Move-Outs: If your contractor requests that your goods and contents must be moved to a different location, we offer move-out services where we do the work for you. Our workers are professionally trained to properly inventory and control the contents from the structure during any cleaning, restoration, or deodorization process.
- Electronics Cleaning: Some smoke residues are known to contain certain types of acids that, when in contact with metal surfaces and water, have the ability to cause corrosion. This can eat away at any metal casing and cause electronic failure within the device. Here at SERVPRO, we are trained to clean the outside correctly and refer your equipment to a qualified vendor.
- Artwork Cleaning: We understand how costly some works of art are to restore post-fire. Restoration and cleaning of valuable artworks require the use of a trained art conservator. At SERVPRO, we usually will subcontract any fine art pieces to a conservator. However, if desired, our cleaning professionals may attempt to remove any residues or odors, only after given permission by the customer.
If you have any questions regarding our services, please gives us a call at (508)-234-3399 or visit our website.
Commercial Fire Restoration
Fire damage can be very devastating for a business or commercial property. In addition to fire, smoke, and soot damage, water damage caused by firefighting efforts and fire suppression systems may occur. Every hour spent restoring your business back to pre-fire condition is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. If you have a fire emergency, call SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County Franchise Professional.
Commercial Fire Damage? Call SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County at (508) 234-3399
SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County Franchise Professionals have the training, experience, and equipment to manage your commercial fire damage emergency. We will respond quickly and manage the fire restoration project through to its completion—getting your property business-ready.
- Fire and Smoke Restoration Technician
- Odor Control Technician
- Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
Ceilings and Walls
Ceiling and wall cleaning should be part of the cleaning maintenance of your home or business. You should also clean walls before painting so that the primer and paint can adhere properly. Whether you are preparing to paint or just looking for professional cleaning, SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County can help.
- Ceilings and walls are exposed to soot, smoke, dirt and dust, pet dander, cooking oils and grease, cigarette smoke, and other contaminants. Your heating and air conditioning system can distribute these contaminants throughout your property. We clean the air duct too.
Using SERVPRO’s time-tested and industry-approved steps, along with our proprietary cleaning products and methods, SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County strives to restore your ceilings and walls without the need to repaint or refinish and to help the entire property smell fresh.
Commercial Mold Remediation
Besides causing a major business interruption, a mold problem can present a serious health risk for people exposed at your commercial property.
Did you know? Mold infestations can be caused by minor water intrusions, like a slow roof leak or loose plumbing fitting. If you suspect that your property has a mold damage, call SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County immediately!
Step 1: Emergency Contact (508) 234-3399
The mold cleanup and restoration process begins when you call our franchise Call Center. Our representative(s) will ask a series of questions to help us determine the necessary equipment, resources, and personnel.
Step 2: Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
SERVPRO of Southern Worcester Franchise Professionals will carefully inspect your property for visible signs of mold. Mold feeds on cellulose and water and can be hidden from plain view. To detect whether or not mold is present, various technologies are implemented by our certified professionals.
Step 3: Mold Containment
We use various containment procedures to prevent the spread of mold. Our professional(s) may use advanced containment procedures like negative air chambers to isolate the contaminated area with physical barriers and negative air pressure to keep the mold spores from spreading during the cleanup process. All fans and heating and cooling systems will be turned off to prevent the spread of mold.
Step 4: Air Filtration
Our specialized filtration equipment allows their Professionals to capture microscopic mold spores out of the air. We utilize powerful “air scrubbers” and HEPA vacuums to prevent the spread of these mold spores while the mold remediation is in process.
Step 5: Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
The mold remediation process depends on the amount of mold growth and the types of surfaces on which the mold appears. SERVPRO of Southern Worcester Franchise Professionals use anti fungal and antimicrobial treatments to eliminate mold colonies and to help prevent new colonies from forming. Removing and disposing of mold-infested porous materials, like drywall and carpeting, may be necessary to remediate heavy mold growth.
Step 6: Cleaning Contents and Belongings
SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County Franchise Professionals evaluate your furniture, decorative items, curtains, clothing, and other items to determine if they can be cleaned.