Restoring Your Oxford, MA Property
Flooding and water damage events in any Massachusetts City or town commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event.
Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
If you suffer form a commercial business or home water damage, flood and need water damage cleanup & restoration contact us right away
Call SERVPRO of Southern Worcester county @ (508)-234-3399!
What is "Black Mold?"
Stachybotrys chartarum is the type of mold often called “black mold” or “toxic mold”. Sensational news reports warn about the dangers of black mold and these stories can be alarming and confusing. Any mold in your home should be treated with caution – stay out of affected areas and don’t touch or disturb the mold.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can produce allergens and irritants, you should contact a qualified mold remediation company regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold can exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect that you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County @ 508-234-3399 or visit our Facebook page!
Have Mold in Your Auburn, MA Home?
Did you know? If there is moisture anywhere in your home, you MAY have mold. The invisible spores spread rapidly and before you know it, your walls, ceilings and even furniture could be covered in patches of mold.
If you have leaky pipes or have recently dealt with a water damage, your risk of mold is even higher. Trying to manage it yourself or ignoring the problem could result in damage to your property. The quicker you get rid of it, the less havoc it can wreak on your life.
Fixing Mold Problems
It is important to hire a professional service. At SERVPRO, we clean up the causes of the mold by analyzing the damage and cleaning the affected area thoroughly. Calling us quickly is crucial as mold can spread.
If you suffer from water damage and need cleanup & restoration, call SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County at (508) 234-3399 or visit our Facebook page!
Does Your Commercial Building Have Mold?
Have you noticed any water damage to your property? Although mold exists naturally everywhere indoors and outdoors, if you have suffered a water damage and leave the area untreated for as long as 48-72 hours, the potential health side effects from the spread of mold can be very dangerous to your health. Here are just a few signs that a mold infestation may be present within your workplace:
- Musky smells
- Allergic reactions while in the workplace
- High humidity levels above 45%
- Condensation on windows or pipes
- Poor ventilation
- Water leaks
Although these are just a few examples, a good rule of thumb is to never look past any warning sign of mold. Don’t take it upon yourself to try and remediate the situation, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County! We have the training, experience, and equipment to contain the mold infestation and remediate the problem to its preloss condition.
For more information, call us @ (401) 234-3399 or visit our website at http://www.SERVPROsouthernworcestercounty.com/mold-remediation.
The Pentagon: A Case Study
When water pipes located in the basement of the Pentagon early one morning, pouring 1.8 million gallons of water over 565,000 square feet - or roughly 17 miles of hallway - SERVPRO Franchise Professionals completed the enormous task of drying the entire structure in just seven days.
Following the events of September 11, 2001, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals were called upon to assist with the cleanup and restoration of the Pentagon. In spite of the emotions and difficulties involved in the restoration effort, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals dried nearly 300,000 square feet in addition to providing fire, soot, and smoke cleanup restoration services. upon completion of the drying assignment, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals provided mold remediation services in other sections of the facility. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals met the challenge and completed the process in just 90 days.
The Do's & Don'ts of Fire Damage
- Limit movement of people in the structure to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls, and woodwork.
- Place dry, colorfast towels on rugs, upholstery, and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open to help prevent odors.
- Wipe soot from chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets, trim, and appliances. Then protect with a light coating of lubricant.
- Pour RV antifreeze into sinks, toilet bowls, holding tanks, and tubs if heat is off during the freezing season.
- Gently wash both sides of leaves on indoor plants.
- Change HVAC filter, but leave system off until checked by a trained professional.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers to stop particles of soot from getting in or out of the HVAC system.
- Attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County.
- Attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first consulting SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County.
- Attempt to clean any electrical appliances (TV sets, radios, etc.) that may have been close to fire, heat or water without first consulting an authorized repair service person.
- Consume any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored close to fire, heat, or water. (They may be contaminated.)
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet. Wiring may be wet or damage and cause electrical shock.
- Send garments to the dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
Does Your Milford Home Have Mold?
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise "mold removal" and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your Milford, MA home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If you see signs of mold, call us today at (508) 234-3399!
Time is Money
As a leader in water damage restoration, SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County knows fast mitigation is the key to limiting business interruption. With an unmatched national footprint of over 1,700 Franchises, SERVPRO's Disaster Recovery Team can provide trained crews faster to any size disaster and can be on-site within a few hours to help reduce the future damage that water can cause. SERVPRO has the right equipment, procedures, and training to help ensure the structure is dry the first time, saving you time and money.
Specific tasks to include:
- Containment of damaged areas to reduce in-flow of water.
- Shrink-wrapping of structures to control inflow of moisture.
- Water Extraction - to remove excess water from a structure.
- Moisture Mapping - to determine impacted areas of a structure.
- Selective Demolition - to remove wet building materials that cannot be economically dried in place.
- Evaporation Enhancement - to remove moisture content from building materials.
- Dehumidification - to remove excess water vapor from the structures' environments.
- Temperature Control - to assist in dehumidification and to prevent the onset of mold growth.
- Post-Drying Cleaning - to remove any potential contaminants from dried building materials.
For any questions, please contact SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County at (508) 234-3399 or visit our website.
24 Hour Service
SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with a water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of merely a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and even vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration, in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO representative will ask several questions, including:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water damage
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke, or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO's corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Commercial Water Damage Tips
When disaster strikes your commercial building, it can affect the ability of your business to operate effectively. Whether it's a roof leaking or flooding due to a natural disaster, you need to make sure you act quickly when your property has become damaged by water. Commercial water damage restoration in Massachusetts is a large feat to tackle and needs to be handled by a professional restoration company.
There are many steps that need to be taken when dealing with commercial water damage restoration:
Repairing the Water Damage
- Water mitigation is the first step. You must clear out all standing water before you proceed to any restoration.
- Dehumidification and moisture control helps with the building's moisture levels. Your space will never dry out unless it is ventilated properly.
- Temporary air conditioners and cooling towers can be added as well. These machines will control the temperature within your building. This will prevent mold and mildew from forming in and on porous materials.
- Odor control will be taken into account when dealing with commercial water damage restoration as well. If mold and mildew has started to form, it will take a certified professional to mitigate the situation.
- Temporary roofing may be an option when it comes to weather-related damage.
- Board ups are essential to keep further damage from happening to your building. They enable damaged walls and windows to be temporarily fixed so the cleaning and restoration process can begin.
The faster the water is extracted and cleaned, the quicker your business can become operational. Protect your commercial building from water damage and call SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County at 508-234-3399.