Cleaning your Front Load Washer Hopedale
To keep your washer running and cleaning well, you should clean it at least once a month. Ensuring it smells fresh and preventing any mold.
- Remove the detergent drawer, clean any attachments.
- Clean the rubber gasket around the drum, as well as the glass on the inside.
- Wipe them with a solution of 3/4 cups bleach and 1 gallon of water
If the washer has a "cleaning" cycle, you can run that. Some machines require specific cleaning products, others suggest using bleach or vinegar. See your machine manufacturers instructions for details.
If your machine doesn't have a cleaning cycle, you can use vinegar and baking soda.
Be sure the drum is empty, and sprinkle 1/2 cup baking soda inside the drum. Pour 1 cup of distilled white vinegar into the detergent dispenser. Run the washer on the hot water setting.
To keep your machine clean between monthly cleanings:
- Take clothes out as soon as they are done washing
- Wipe moisture from the drum or gasket
- Leave the door open between loads
- Be sure you are using HE detergent if you have an HE machine
SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County will be posting weekly cleaning, DIY, cooking and more homeowner tips every Tuesday. If you have any tips you'd like to read or have any suggestions, let us know on Facebook, Twitter, or shoot us an email!
- Preferred Mutual
- Catholic Mutual
- Safety Insurance
- Arbella Insurance
- Bunker Hill Insurance Company
- Peerless Insurance Company
- Foremost Insurance Company
- New London Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Philadelphia Insurance
- Modern Home
- EMC Insurance Companies
- Narragansett Bay Insurance Company
- The Hartford
SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County is here 24/7 365, call us (508) 234-3399 if your Charlton, MA home or business has suffered from a water, fire, or storm related disaster.