Commercial Water Damage Tips
When disaster strikes your commercial building, it can affect the ability of your business to operate effectively. Whether it's a roof leaking or flooding due to a natural disaster, you need to make sure you act quickly when your property has become damaged by water. Commercial water damage restoration in Massachusetts is a large feat to tackle and needs to be handled by a professional restoration company.
There are many steps that need to be taken when dealing with commercial water damage restoration:
Repairing the Water Damage
- Water mitigation is the first step. You must clear out all standing water before you proceed to any restoration.
- De-humidification and moisture control helps with the building's moisture levels. Your space will never dry out unless it is ventilated properly.
- Temporary air conditioners and cooling towers can be added as well. These machines will control the temperature within your building. This will prevent mold and mildew from forming in and on porous materials.
- Odor control will be taken into account when dealing with commercial water damage restoration as well. If mold and mildew has started to form, it will take a certified professional to mitigate the situation.
- Temporary roofing may be an option when it comes to weather-related damage.
- Board ups are essential to keep further damage from happening to your building. They enable damaged walls and windows to be temporarily fixed so the cleaning and restoration process can begin.
The faster the water is extracted and cleaned, the quicker your business can become operational. Protect your commercial building from water damage and call SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County at (508) 234-3399.