House Fire Ravages Living Room
SERVPRO of Southern Worcester County responded to a house fire in Mendon, Massachusetts, where a young couple's downstairs living area suffered extensive structural damage. Luckily for the homeowner's, firefighter's responded quickly and were able to successfully put out the flames. A quick response time means reduced damage to the home.
When we arrived on the scene, we knew that we had to work quickly. Our crews removed the siding of the walls in the main area, as well as in the upstairs loft. Because this home employs an open floor plan, smoke and soot were able to travel into the hallway, thus leaving a trail of damage to the walls and ceiling. Merely impossible to see, we had to disinfect and clean the entire interior. In a matter of days, the family was able to move back in and continue their everyday lives.